Convention Voting Helpline: 866-734-4852
Please try and solve your problems with the solutions below before calling the helpline.
For convention we will be voting electronically with a mobile app called Voatz.
Click on the button to learn about how to download, install and use this app to vote for convention.
Voatz App System Requirements
Supported Mobile Phones:
- iPhone 5s or newer
- Android handsets, 2016 or newer, from approved device manufacturers
Ranked Choice Voting
Since electronic voting is new to delegates, and we want to have time to resolve voting problems delegates may encounter, it is impractical to use multi-round voting where everyone would need to vote at the same time. So we will be using Ranked Choice Voting where delegate will rank candidates in each race, and tallying will be done in multiple rounds, using the same candidate elimination rules that are used in multi-round voting. Click the button below to learn more about Ranked Choice Voting.
Steps to Voting
Delegates who have already used the Voatz App in a county convention can skip to step 4.
- Monday Evening, April 20 – Voatz sends out credentialing emails to delegates. This email will come from [email protected]
- Download the Voatz App using the links in the email or on the utgop.voatz.com support page.
- Sign-up in the Voatz App using the email address on your delegate record. This will be the email address that the Voatz credentialing email was sent to. You will only be able to credential using this email address! If you sign-up with any other email address, credentialing will fail, and Voatz will need to clear out your sign-up, so you can start over.
- Add and new organization in the Voatz App using the details in the credentialing email:
- From the main view in the app, go to Verifications
- Tap the “+ Add Organization” option lower on the page (You DO NOT need to do the Identity option.)
- Select “Enter Verification Key” and enter the key from your credentialing email
- When prompted, enter the Voter ID from your credentialing email
- Go back to the main screen and tap the refresh icon:
- Select “Elections” in the Events section to see available elections. A practice election will show here until Wednesday at 2pm. The Convention Election will show here on Thursday, April 23.
- On the Election page, selection “GOP STATE CONVENTION” to start your voting.
Please vote in the practice election to see how voting in the app works.
Common Problem & Solutions
A few delegates have been having some problems getting the Voatz app setup and credentialed.
First, visit utgop.voatz.com to learn more. This should answer most questions.
I didn’t get my credentialing email from Voatz
This email should have arrived the evening of Monday, April 20th.
- First do a search in your email program for “[email protected]”. This is the address the email would have come from, but may be in your spam or junk mail folder.
- If you still don’t find it, call the helpline to verify that your email address is on the list sent to Voatz.
I don’t know how to install the Voatz app or set it up
Visit utgop.voatz.com for links to the app in your App Store and instructions on setup, sign-on, and credentialing.
When I go to the App Store, I can’t find the Voatz app, or it says my mobile OS is not supported
- Click the link on utgop.voatz.com to go straight to the app in the store
- If your mobile OS is not supported
- See if a family member has a newer mobile device you can use to vote on, or
- Use the “Vote by Voice Call” option at the bottom of the support website.
When I go to sign-up in the Voatz app it says my email address is already used on another device
- If you signed-up on the Voatz app on a different device (some may have done this two years ago when some Counties used Voatz for caucus night), you will need to contact Voatz by clicking on the “Help” button in the lower right corner of the support site. Fill out the form and submit.
- If you are on an Android device, and the Voatz app you downloaded has a green icon, you may have unknowingly downloaded a beta version that you need to opt-out of.
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for “Voatz”
- If the search result show an app labeled “Voatz (Beta)” and shows that it is already installed, you have the beta version
- You need to select that app to see more details, scroll to the bottom of the app details where you will see a beaker icon and an option to “opt-out” of the beta. Once you opt-out, you will be able to install the standard version and sign-up.
I never get a confirmation text message with my code
Make sure you have texting enabled with your mobile carrier (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.), and try again.
15 W. South Temple, Ste 250, SLC 84101
PAID FOR BY THE UTAH REPUBLICAN PARTY NOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATE'S COMMITTEE